If you are an author, UBuildABook offers you a valuable resource - the ability to self publish your Poetry Book. With UBuildABook, you can let your creativity run free. The only thing that limits your work is the size of the book. Some ideas that you might want to consider when you start compiling your poetry book:
- Why limit your poetry book to only poems? Include illustrations, photographs, sketches, etc.
- If you are scanning images to include into your book, remember to set the DPI at 300 for the best photo reproductions
- Create contrast between your pages. For example, you can try using a different font for the different headings. Even though it is good to have contrast, it is also good to have a certain template or layout to follow.
- Include a table of contents if you have a lengthly compilation of poems, this can help your readers find their favorites immediately.
- When setting type, keep a close watch for hyphenated words at the end of each line. If there are too many you may consider adjusting the kerning.
- Before submitting any files, be sure to edit your manuscript. It is best to have a friend or family member proofread your work so that minor errors do not come out in the final results.
- If you have no experience in using programs such as Adobe InDesign or PageMaker, we offer a free photobook software that can ultilize for your book. Also, there are pre-installed images and templates that you can use to simplify the design process but still have it customizable.
- Your work of art can be made into gifts for friends and families. A book is something that they can cherish forever.
UBuildABook allows you to make every single aspect of the book into your own. Feel free to take a look around our website for more ideas. When ready to order or place a quote, click the buttons on the right module to begin the order process. Happy writing!
Don't just take it from us, see what some of our customers have to say about the Poetry Books we've printed for them.
Thanks again so much and have a wonderful day!